President Bola Tinubu on Friday approved the appointment of the Governing Board and Management team of the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency for a renewable term of four years, in accordance with Section 2(3) of the FERMA Amendment Act, 2007.
The appointments were announced through a statement by the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, titled ‘President Tinubu appoints new board and management of the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency.’
According to the Ngelale, the persons and their designations are as follows:
- Chairman of FERMA Board — Engr. Imam Ibrahim Kashim Imam
- Managing Director of FERMA — Engr. Chukwuemeka Agbasi
- Member (NARTO) — Yusuf Lawal Othman
- Member (FMW) — Engr. Ibi Terna Manasseh
- Member (FRSC) — ACM Shehu Mohammed
- Member (Finance) — Babatunde Daramola-Oniru
- Member (South-South) — Hon. Preye Oseke
- Member (South-West) — Hon. Oye Ojobe
- Member (South-East) — Dr. Kenneth Ugbala
- Member (North-Central) — Sen. Timothy Adudu
- Member (North-East) — Engr. Abubakar Bappa
- Member (North-West) — Aminu Adamu Papa
“President Tinubu expects the new appointees to achieve integral and competent service delivery, given the central role that the institution will play in the sustainable health of growth-enabling infrastructure nationwide,” the statement read.
Hours earlier, the President approved the appointment of a new lineup of leadership for several key agencies and parastatals under the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.
President Tinubu has so far appointed at least 123 persons to various offices since his administration began on May 29, 2023.